[development] Google Gears

Stephen Wills developer at blessedherbs.com
Thu May 31 17:47:06 UTC 2007

Funny, I seem to recall this same sentiment being proffered many
times about a company run by an aggressive dropout from harvard who
managed to take out an awful lot of the OS space.... a lot... but not
all :)

imho, no one need fear interoperability.  The only question is if
Googles rich client api is the right thing.  I have a use case in the
non-profit sector.  The VISTA program likes to promote Drupal for
it's projects and many of them have existing data sources, under
developed client side solutions and a lot of new web-enabled out-
reach initives.  Google Gears may be the right ticket to integrate
their systems and bridge the "digital divide" that much of their
clientele is oppressed by.

Climbing off soapbox,
Steve "CTC-VISTA wannabe" Wills