[development] Fun CCK idea.

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu May 31 19:13:01 UTC 2007

On 31 May 2007, at 9:02 PM, Jeff Eaton wrote:

> For the idea to be a reality, CCK needs actual honest-to-goodness
> granular CRUD functions underneath the surface, and any forms it
> uses for configuration purposes need to call those CRUD functions
> instead of overloading the validate and submit handlers. We also
> need to hash out what happens when Field plugins change their
> settings definitions, etc, what happens when the in-module
> definition for a content type changes, etc. Right now it only works
> for the creation of new node types from scratch.

Yeah. updating could get flakey. Since it's two forms instead of one.
Perhaps making them multipage forms instead would simplify what happens.
Only one form to  submit for creating and editing field definitions.

I personally believe that any time a form isn't re-usable via
drupal_execute, that's a critical bug that needs to get fixed.

You'd also have to keep track of which fields have been removed,
although that's a pretty simple since fields aren't multiple levels
deep.