[development] Drupal 6 code freeze

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu May 31 22:12:24 UTC 2007

Hello world,

we're moving forward at full speed, and it would be a pity to
suddenly abrupt that, wouldn't it?

As there are still many interesting patches in the queue that are
almost there, and because we cranked out new stuff like crazy, I
decided that it would be best to postpone the code freeze for 4
weeks.  This is a one-time extension that leaves us some more time to
finish some of the work that we started, and to put some more polish
in place.

Even with another 4 weeks, it is unlikely that all the key patches
will make it into Drupal 6 so let's not waste time and keep up the
steady pace of contributions (good job!). Also, keep in mind that
towards the end of June, I'll be traveling a fair bit so I won't be
able to review as many patches as usual.  Last but not least, I'm
going to give priority to those patches that were already in the
works before today.

Happy hacking,