[development] The dawn of DB locks

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Nov 6 15:25:23 UTC 2007

I think you mean the dusk of DB locks, chx. :-)

In any case, yay.  I would recommend leaving db_lock_table() in place, as we
can't guarantee that there will never be a case where a lock is needed; just
that we've found workarounds for all of core's use-cases and many contribs'.
Instead, I'd modify the docs for it to say "this is bad for performance,
there's usually other ways like A, B, C, don't use this unless you really
have to."

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012