[development] The dawn of DB locks

Steven Peck sepeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:53:09 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 8:21 AM, catch libcom <catch56 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> If removed from the installer, it could also be removed from
> http://drupal.org/requirements
>
> On that note, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES will only be used in one place once
> the search module patch is in - comment.install

Used in one place still makes it a requirement.

LOCK TABLES dropped from a core requirement, I think a special front
page announcement on _just_ that one subject on the front page of d.o.
in addition to the module update documentation would be appropriate.
Something explaining it a bit from a technical perspective.