[development] The dawn of DB locks

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Nov 7 06:46:36 UTC 2007

> My point is, used in error or not, this is
> A) A significant change
> B) Something to celebrate
> C) Something to wake people up a bit to the upcoming changes and won't
> hurt to make them aware of.

We kind of agree on A, B, C. What I meant to say is that because we saw no contribs that will need locks in Drupal 6, we can remove the requirement. I believe I do not want to change API. I will wait with the announcement until temporary tables are gone as well or until it's decided that we are not getting rid of them (which would be a turn of events I am not expecting).