[development] OpenId open to phishing attacks.

Walt Daniels wdlists at optonline.net
Wed Nov 7 14:46:45 UTC 2007

One thing that might help a little is to allow people to upload their
verification picture. Then separate the userid and password to separate
screens, or in the case of OpenID the proceed to the server page, with a new
page where you show them their verification picture and the password box, or
for OpenID a proceed button. Rather than allowing them to upload a
verification picture, they could select from a large collection of supplied
ones. One bank I use does approximately this and has a picture and a phrase
under it that I supplied.