[development] How to Maintain your Drupal Contributions

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Nov 9 02:13:23 UTC 2007

At the recent BADCamp[1], I gave a talk on "How to Develop and
Maintain your Drupal Contribution"[2].  It was quite well received,
and it covered a lot of things that aren't yet clearly documented in
the handbooks on drupal.org.  This email exists for two reasons:

A) I recorded the audio of the talk, so others can benefit from it if
they're so inclined.  I also uploaded pictures of the drawings I made
on the giant pad of paper that I used as visual aids.  It's a hack,
but it's a start...

http://badcamp07.org/07/post/audio-talk

B) It'd be _really_ great to turn some of this into d.o
documentation, but I'm totally swamped (as usual) with way too many
things.  Are there any aspiring (or established) documentation
writers or folks who want to help out who would like to listen to the
talk (~90 minutes including the full Q+A section) and work on some
text for the handbook?  How about converting the sloppy pictures I
drew into nice Tufte-esque diagrams and annotated screenshots?
Please contact me off list if you'd like to help, or find me in
#drupal.  You could also just assign this issue[3] to yourself, since
it's a major part of what needs to be documented which I covered in
the talk (the logic in update_status and how it relates to what you
do with your releases and project node).

Thanks/enjoy,
-Derek (dww)

[1] http://drupal.org/bay-area-drupal-camp
[2] http://badcamp07.org/07/sessions/how-develop-and-maintain-your-