[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Nov 11 22:17:26 UTC 2007

In my opinion, any patch should be committable to core once it works
on mysql and has a decent hope (use common sense) to work on
postgresql. Once it's committed those who care about postgresql, if
they so want to, can test and if there is a need, fix it.

Prime example: http://drupal.org/node/146466 this is the most
important patch we have currently as it makes Drupal search speedy and
nice. And it is more or less on hold just because noone is sure
whether the postgresql update works or not.

Regards,

Karoly Negyesi