[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Mon Nov 12 11:57:38 UTC 2007

>  I would think this is a slippery slope, making sure a patch work against
> at least 2 db backends in a reasonable way is an important indication of
> quality

If pigs can fly they are better animals.Maybe you want to support your statement with something.

Though I said that "has a decent hope (use common sense) to work on postgresql". Once it's committed those who care about postgresql, if

> We introduced schema changes just because PostgreSQL cannot do case insensitive
> matching by default, while MySQL works fine. For the sake of 5% (or 1%) of the sites,
> we are increasing complexity.

Amen brother. I am happy which simply removes LOWER from those queries and kicks the ball to the postgresql half of the playground. As I stated on my blog I have nothing against posgresql just I do not want to deal / held back with it. Any support for this solution?