[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

catch catch56 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:13:52 UTC 2007

Steven Peck wrote:
> I have helped several people over the years configure those settings
> for their sites.  People don't always work in the same realm or types
> of sites.  For instance, I don't use forums on my sites.

I mean the "comment controls" shown to end-users on the node page, not
the settings available to the admin, just to be clear. Even if there are
examples of sites using these, it wouldn't be a hard thing to support in
contrib. Such a module could also do Digg style "these comments are
below your threshold" and other nice features, that also have no reason
to be in core but might have valid use cases. Display order is a
personal gripe though, I'll admit that ;)