[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Nov 14 15:22:23 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 3:33 AM, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 Nov 2007, at 00:04, Shai Gluskin wrote:
> > I'm not concerned that a simplification of the names we use for
> > classification is going to have the affect of hiding the
> > sophistication of how Drupal taxonomy works.
>
> I'm not really concerned about this either.  As long we maintain the
> functionality, we're not really dumbing down anything.
>
> > taxonomy (the module name)--> categories
> > vocabulary --> category
> > term --> category_item (sometimes called a "tag")
>
> I'd say:
>
>   taxonomy module -> classification module

I am fine with that.

>   vocabulary -> category group

Two words would be confusing, especially if category is used for term.

How about just "category" here.

>   term -> category or tag

We can keep it as a term. The issue is the "vocab", not so much "term". Tag
is more specific to free tagging, and may be overloading the term.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com