[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

J-P Stacey jp.stacey at torchbox.com
Wed Nov 14 16:06:11 UTC 2007

Brad Bowman wrote:
>>  > taxonomy.module--> classification.module
>>  > vocabulary --> category
>>  > term --> term
>>
>>  +1 for this
>>  Alex Cochrane
>
> Agreed. I think this is more clear to the average person, without
> sacrificing anything for the technical types.

I'm happy to see "taxonomy" and "vocabulary" bite the dust, but the average
person would happily use "term" and "category" interchangeably to describe
terms, though, so I think there's still potential for confusion there
(especially considering what catch libcom has said about WordPress).

Categorising something means assigning it terms, after all, not somehow
assigning it weird nebulous term-containing objects. Although -1 for
"container", which sounds too much like something I'd put round my lunch
rather than my terms.

I've asked my librarian chums, but does anyone here know what archivists and
the like call all these things? That might point us in an unambiguous direction.

J-P
--
J-P Stacey
+44 (0)1608 811870