[development] Renaming "taxonomy" terminology? (was Re: Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina)

John Callahan diodata at UDel.Edu
Wed Nov 14 19:25:42 UTC 2007

Being one of a few new users of Drupal in my group (I've set up three
Drupal sites with small customizations to the code in various modules),
I can say that we were very confused with the distinction between
categories and taxonomy and how they relate to other web2.0 software.
It was the term "categories" that got us confused and lead us down the
wrong path.  Using Taxonomy/Vocabulary/Term and staying away from
"categories" would have significantly simplified our first experiences.

- John