[development] Renaming "taxonomy" terminology? (was Re: Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina)

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Thu Nov 15 10:35:15 UTC 2007

Derek Wright wrote:
> Right.
Indeed. +1 to everything Derek said.

I came to Drupal from a background in science, taxonomy was not a scary word
at all - and yet I *still* had to play with taxonomy, to try to use it
before I had that *ping!* lightbulb moment of how to use it and how great it
was.

I don't think the word 'taxonomy' is what confuses people, I think it's the
underlying concepts.

PS IIRC We switched to 'Categories' in the menu at the time Moveable Type
became a paid-for service...

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>