[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Nov 17 00:22:58 UTC 2007

>  So, Karoly is proposing that we test on MySQL, then throw the issue over
> the fence to the folk who use (and care about) PostgreSQL for them to
> handle, because of the INSTALLED BASE issue, and the TESTING RESOURCES
> issue. This is NOT a technology issue.

The previous analogy of Windows is incorrect.

A more proper analogy is : "I test on LAMP, because that is what I use. If
others want to make Drupal work on Windows and IIS, then let them test
there, and propose patches that do not put Drupal through hoops to support
that. We are not specifically excluding Windows, and in fact some people use
Drupal just like that".

Same for PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, SQLite, ...etc.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com