[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sat Nov 17 13:38:11 UTC 2007

> When pg people will come out and say: "what kind of garbage did you
> wrote? It can't be ported to pg unless we...."

Let's get back to the original post:

In my opinion, any patch should be committable to core once it works on mysql and has a decent hope (use common sense) to work on postgresql.

So, we are just skipping the final fine tune / testing steps. We do write garbge nor do we commit MysQL only code. I am willing (and I always did) to peek into the postgresql manual to see whether it has a solution to any problem at hand. This is not the same as actually writing the thing and testing but it gives, you know, a decent hope, that it will work on postgresql.