[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sat Nov 17 18:05:24 UTC 2007

On Saturday, 17. November 2007, Jeff Eaton wrote:
> Question: Should this approach be taken with Javascript-related code
> on any non-Firefox, non-IE browsers?

I think the main point to consider here is:
Will such issues hold back a release (i.e. Postgres support is still a
critical issue - "deferred, but not dropped") or will it be released with
Postgres left in an unfunctionable state (or, for that matter,
Opera/Safari/Konqueror for JavaScript stuff)?

The latter would be where "dropping support" starts.
Personally, I see no problem with the former.