[development] Summary = teaser?

Gaele Strootman eindgebruiker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:11:54 UTC 2007

Gábor Hojtsy wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2007 6:10 PM, Gaele Strootman <eindgebruiker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please excuse my ignorance, but after the whole taxonomy/category
>> discussion I wondered why the new "Split summary at cursor" button uses
>> the word summary instead of teaser. Everywhere else in Drupal it's
>> called teaser.
>
> If you check the "Show summary in full view" checkbox, then it is a
> teaser, otherwise it is a summary. Look in the original issue where it
> was introduced.
>
> Gabor

Hmmm, the functionality behind it may be an improvement, but the
user-interface is not correct yet.

- "Split summary at cursor" should either be "Split body at cursor" or
something like "Split off summary at cursor". Because that is what the
button does.
- Once clicked the summary field is labeled "Body". The body field has
no label.
- I don't get this: if I check "Show summary in full view" then it isn't
a summary anymore. This is inconsistent.

I will look into this and try to come up with something better. Should I
reopen the original issue or create a new one?

Gaele