[development] Use tabs to separate module groups on admin/build/modules page?

Jim Li jimmydami at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:28:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

I saw some complaints that admin/build/modules page loads all modules
and eats up lots of memory. And I heard a story that somebody new to
drupal was trying to evaluate >150 modules and eventually drupal
'crashed' on this page due to memory limit. So I am just wondering is
it a good idea that we use tabs to separate module groups on
admin/build/modules page? Will it help with the problem? We can have
three tabs: core, contrib, oh and uninstall (which will need some
speical css rendering).

Thanks,
Jim