[development] How many modules is too many?

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Nov 22 20:25:05 UTC 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 7:45 PM, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> ... As of beta 3,
> all core modules have been split up with the exception of locale, which is
> already split in a somewhat bizarre way by putting all of its page handlers
> into locale.inc.  I'm not certain it's worth refactoring that when in beta 3
> stage, when there wouldn't be any significant difference in the amount of
> code that's loaded.  (Gabor, I defer to you on that one.)

I have commented on the issue with some immediate concerns, but none
of the tools (my issues, issue search, etc) is good for people like me
who comment on an enourmous amount of patches, so a direct patch URL
would be nice :) Also, it needs some reroll, as we fixed quite some
stuff around there, since it was submitted. I still think to complete
the split, locale stuff would be great to move properly to
modules/locale and only the really required include code left in
includes, which that patch is up to do.

Gabor