[development] drupal on postgresql benchmark

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Nov 27 10:46:36 UTC 2007

> Incidentally, there are lots of places where Drupal could use
> transactions when they're available.  user_add and node_save would
> both be a lot more DB-crash-resistant, for starters.

I was really silent until now but enough is enough. In my not-brief-enough liasion with postgresql we learned that for a web application that casually writes the DB, postgresql seemed to be a very poor choice exactly because it was firing a transaction every time. Unless I run a banking application I do not want to know about transactions. I gave up the notion of dropping postgresql from core (I instead raised a compromise which everybody misunderstood probably deliberately and totally not reacted to it but we can discuss the next time postgresql helds a patch) but enough is enough -- I will be very resilient against adding transactions. I want a fast Drupal, sorry.