[development] Suggestion for User Permissions

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Thu Nov 29 01:18:49 UTC 2007

On  28.Nov.2007, at 07:43 PM, Florian Loretan wrote:
> In that case, it seems like the best place to deal with this issue
> is an install profile with an "admin" role which gets every
> permissions by default.

OMFG!

These are the "little things" that Drupal should be adopting from a
usability standpoint. Why assume that only person will be admin? Why
assume that #1 is the only one to get to the site while it's offline?

I have a friend, John Simon, who is a software artist and he has
described coding as creative writing. If it is, I have a whole
dissertation to write about Drupal's #1 user. The fact that it
remains "god-like" and without a role .... we're slipping into
Lacanian territory here.

Here's a good interview by John
http://www.numeral.com/articles/atkins/decodingdigitalart/
decodingdigitalart.html

Here's an example of software art, btw (the patriarchy at home is
Mark Napier)
http://artport.whitney.org/commissions/codedoc/

OK, back to lurking,
liza