[development] Suggestion for User Permissions

Mark Ferree markferree at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 03:57:55 UTC 2007

I seem to be running into this issue everywhere  lately. I've been
working on a greasemonkey script the last few days that adds a check
all and a uncheck all option to the user permissions page.  I'll share
this when its complete if anyone else would find it useful.

At my office we usually maintain an admin role on the sites we work on
so that the developers don't do all of their work as user 1.

I have used admin role before, and didn't like the fact that it took
the decision process away from me, sometimes you want to limit access
even for the administrator.

I agree that a check all button is extremely dangerous in the wrong
hands, and shouldn't be available to everyone.

For anyone looking for a quick workaround I was listening to the
recent Lullabot 50 tips podcast this morning, and they mentioned using
the web developer extension for Firefox and selecting forms ->
populate forms, to check all of the  boxes if you are on the roles
individual permissions page.

Mark