[development] Fatal error : install profiles and the use of hook_install

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Fri Nov 30 11:30:54 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007 17:15, adrian rossouw wrote:
> was a long 3 hours of debugging.

Precisely. That's why I am shouting it here: many people seem to be
having a problem with it. It is not intuitive, hard to debug and the
documentation is contradictory.

A fix would probably imply an API change, so it will have to wait for
D7.
Meanwhile, we have to make people aware of this (especially now that
people are making efforts to promote install profiles, and dww is
working on the packaging script).
The least I could do was add a note to the documentation here:
http://drupal.org/node/67921
http://drupal.org/node/67921/revisions/view/191746/222037

If I made a mistake, please correct it directly.
Where else should this be documented?

I'll update the issue accordingly:
http://drupal.org/node/164458

Blessings,