[development] Mischievous registration of projects

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Nov 30 17:15:30 UTC 2007

I have seen the infra list (or maybe it was webmasters list, one of those two) say "yeah, just register the project and then check in code when you have it" to avoid writing a module to a namespace that gets taken before you finish your code.  I suspect a lot of the "land rush" registrations are a result of that issue, but they just don't get finished (or started).

IMO, we need to encourage people to use sandboxes more for "maybe I'll finish this" modules, not the "real" module namespace in CVS.

--Larry Garfield