[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Fri Nov 30 17:42:05 UTC 2007

> This is exactly NOT what I meant.  If "all of us want a cross platform
> cross database CMS", then we /all/ have to bear some of the burden of
> making it so -- not just those second class citizens who use the less
> popular database.  Otherwise, we're back to square one again.

Yes we take some of the burden: we do not use MYSQLisms, we make sure that the queries validate --this can be part of the new policy, something positive that came out of this talk -- we check the postgresql manual if we do something funny -- there is just the actual test we are talking of. I do not think our viewpoints are too far away :)