[development] hook_schema() now in .install, not .schema

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Tue Oct 9 00:20:28 UTC 2007

> Now, hook_schema() must be defined in .install.

Great!

Is there a reason for putting hook_schema() not to the beginning of an
install file? I just found it at the end of statistics.install, book.install
and comment.install.

I guess that schema definitions can not be found quickly if a module has "a
few" updates. So we should better define a guideline to put _install(),
_uninstall() and _schema() to the top of the .install file, shouldn't we?

regards,

Daniel