[development] Core drupal.module moved to contrib site_network.module

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Oct 9 19:59:28 UTC 2007

On 10/9/07, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> > I think we need a front page post about it with a specific
> > deadline at which @drupal.org logins on other sites will no longer
> > work.
> >  I think we should give people at least a month to transition,
> > upgrade, whatever they have to do.  Plus, we should attempt to have d.o
> > as an OpenID provider ASAP (which doesn't require putting the OpenID
> > server code in core for D6, mind you), ideally as part of the info in
> > that front page post, encouraging people to use that instead...
>
> There are people who want to work on an open ID server for d.o. I
> propose that we end support for drupal.module-type logins either last of
> december or whenever that server is there. Whatever comes first.

James Walker, as part of his Community Ambassador duties for the
Association, has agreed to take on the task of making a plan /
proposal for this. Please contact James Walker or myself to get
involved. Or just start porting / testing the OpenID Server code using
the issue queue if you wanna just go ahead and code.....

My suggestion about "backwards compatability" would be only having to
enter your d.o. username -- everything else would still continue with
OpenID authentication ... yes to marketing and education :P

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889