[development] What's a critical issue

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Oct 19 14:12:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:28:04 -0300
"Greg Knaddison - GVS" <Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/07, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:24:35 +0200
> > "Karoly Negyesi" <karoly at negyesi.net> wrote:
> > > I think that nothing concerning postgresql or Windows can be a
> > > critical.
> >
> > If you say this in no more than a year you'll have a mono DB CMS.
>
> And?
>
> This is a Do-ocracy.  We have the system that people make and

Every time I step into a problem I report it I fix it an provide the
patch.

Once you become a mono DB CMS without a DB abstraction layer *it is
hard to go back*.

> maintain.  If people don't consistently step up to maintain
> postgresql or maintain Drupal on Windows then yes, support for
> those platforms will slowly degrade and should be dropped.

pgsql has a longer history of supporting transactions, IIS is a
rising web server.
Most of the fixes I had to make were on modules and they were trivial.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it