[development] Debugging updates

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Oct 19 16:59:02 UTC 2007

I haven't used it much, but devel has the ability to store all queries
into the database. see admin/settings/devel. unfortunately,
devel_shutdown() specifically bails on update.php because we used to
output gunk and wreck the JSON thats returned. We should really be
smarter and allow the logging but not allow output to screen. patches
welcome.