[development] What's a critical issue

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Oct 19 21:39:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:33:34 -0500
Bryan Ruby <bryan at cmsreport.com> wrote:

> potential reasons for IIS gains against Apache).  However, it's
> also important to realize that it's a lot easier to run PHP these
> days on IIS.  Zend Technologies over the past year has made
> significant inroads to pushing PHP onto other platforms beyond
> LAMP.  See: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2193783,00.asp

Sooner or later PHP will have a VM, JIT multithreading and a decent
MS SQL connector faster on IIS than on Apache.

Framework for having all that is already present in .NET and IIS.

They also have IronPython...

I'm really wondering what's going on... anyway there is some hope...
once upon a long ago IIS was the leader in serving ssl content...

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it