[development] Security releases and the update status module

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Tue Oct 23 04:16:42 UTC 2007

Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:
> In general, I don't have a strong feeling about whether or not certain
> strings like 'beta' in the "official release" should be allowed or
> prevented.  Drupal project page itself does that, but it is a special
> case.  Views did this for a while but I believe that Earl now regrets
> that.

What I regret was that -beta showed up as an official release in earlier
versions of Update Status due to the way the information was bundled.
We've since rectified this, but it took a lot of work.

Since this is the second time you've brought this up -- and this time
after I corrected you last time -- please stop using this mis-informed
example. What you're implying is not the case.