[development] issue followups as comments -- testing needed

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad at apartmentlines.com
Tue Oct 23 06:01:47 UTC 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,

Issue followups as comments is almost a reality on drupal.org! This
is a major leap in issue queue functionality, including:

1. multiple file attachments per followup
2. tracker integration
3. ability to edit followups (unpub/delete for admins as well)

This is also an important step along the road to porting project* to
Drupal 6 (which has to happen before we officially release Drupal 6
-- see http://groups.drupal.org/node/6180 for our current project*
roadmap).

We're at the final stage now, and need your help testing the UI and
reporting any bugs you find.  To make things super easy, I've
configured http://project.drupal.org with the new code, so you can
simply go there to perform your testing -- this is a clone of
drupal.org, so your regular username and password will work fine there.

Couple of things to keep in mind:

1. We're looking for bug reports and UI tweaking suggestions.  If you
have a feature request or other major structural suggestion, you're
about two months too late, I'm afraid...  ;)
2. If you have admin privileges, and you'd like to see what the site
looks like from an auth user's perspective, you can login with user:
test, pass: test
3. If you're surfing old issues, be aware that the file links will
give you a 404, b/c the files aren't on that server.
4. If you find a bug, or have a UI tweaking suggestion, please first
search for an existing issue at http://drupal.org/project/issues/
project_issue, and file a new one if you don't find yours reported
already.  Let's not clog the devel list with random suggestions.

If you have any questions, find me in #drupal.

Thanks, and happy testing!

hunmonk

p.s. Thanks to chx for the original IFAC code, and to dww for the
extra guidance and help along the way...