[development] [Fwd: a nasty Java applet case]

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 10:14:09 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Tomas J. Fulopp <tomi at vacilando.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Anybody has any ideas about this case? I put really all details in my
> mail, hoping to spark quick clues from Drupal gurus on the list. It took me
> weeks to pinpoint the problem, but now I am totally stuck, wondering what is
> special in Drupal that breaks the applet data loading functionality...
>
> Even the faintest clue might help. Please.

I'm not a Drupal guru so take this with a grain of salt...

- You could check what is really sent using firebug "net" tab and look at
the response sent by your php file
- instead of having a custom php file you could use a menu hook to provide
the xml file directly from your module (
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_menu/6) this way you are sure drupal
is "started up" correctly

hth

Philippe