[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violate the GPL.

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sun Sep 2 12:30:09 UTC 2007

On Friday, 31. August 2007, Laura Scott wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2007, at 6:05 AM, Thomas Barregren wrote:
> > So, to solve the problem that the licensing of Drupal currently
> > force us to "dumbing down" or "bypassing of established application
> > methodologies", I suggest that the Drupal licensing is supplemented
> > with an exception for module developers linking through hooks.
>
> All we need to do is track down everyone who has contributed code to
> the Drupal project and get their okay, right?

These, by the way, are exactly that kind of case where a proper copyright
header would help enormously. You know, the kind of copyright header that is
not used at all in standard Drupal code. Like proposed in the GPL's appendix,
link: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html#SEC4

Can we please start adding such copyright headers *now*?
The later those are added, the more inaccurate they will be.
Please.

Thanks,
  Jakob