[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violate the GPL.

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:39:26 UTC 2007

On a practical note, SugarCRM is being released under GPL 3.0:

http://www.sugarforge.org/content/faq/gplv3.php

and

CiviCRM is AGPL (compat with GPL 3.0, but not 2.0):

http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRMDOC/AGPL+vs.+GNU

While these are FOSS licenses, they represent technical violations (I
think) if an integration module is offered on d.o or by that project,
right?

-Peter