[development] The future of OO and Drupal?

Caleb Gilbert caleb.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 03:24:31 UTC 2007

My apologies if this has already been covered at length elsewhere, but given
that PHP 5 will be the minimum required version for Drupal - what effect
will that have on Drupal's code base from this point forward? Are current
'leading' discussions indicating that over time large parts of Drupal will
be written/re-written in a totally OO way?

I ask because I'm wondering if a fully OO contrib module for Drupal 6 would
be considered as having been 'correctly' done in a 'Drupal-way', or not.
(all other things being correct/equal, of course)