[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violate the GPL.

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Sep 5 14:37:53 UTC 2007

If I write some code, any code, it is my writing and I can say "the copy, the distribution and the modification of this code is covered by GPL" -- GPL is only about these.

Now that if this code, Drupal and some third party app together makes an application which can not be distributed/modified under the GPL because said third party has a nonGPL compatible licence -- tough luck, I do not care, we do not care. drupal.org does not host such applications, so what's the big deal...?

To put in another way, this means that depending on what routines a script calls it might not licenceable under GPL...?