[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violate the GPL.

ttw+drupal at cobbled.net ttw+drupal at cobbled.net
Fri Sep 7 13:07:33 UTC 2007

On 06.09-17:11, Cog Rusty wrote:
[ ... ]
> By "legitimate interest" I was referring to something different: Under
> law usually, when you see a thief robbing someone, you can report it
> to the police but you can't sue the robber. Only the victim can (or
> the authorities if it is a penal offence and not just a civil one).You
> don't need legitimate interest to do something. You need it to
> challenge something.

the GPL essestially transfers ownership to you and the therefore i
would understand that anyone who uses GPL code has a legitimate
interest.  a legal case will be weakened in the absence of a copyright
holder (and certainaly alterations to licensing are extremely complicated
in their absence) but it is not required.