[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violate the GPL.

ttw+drupal at cobbled.net ttw+drupal at cobbled.net
Fri Sep 7 13:14:17 UTC 2007

On 06.09-07:28, Earnie Boyd wrote:
[ ... ]
> So that's the reason why I need to go to MySql to get the PHP loadable
> module that PHP no longer distributes!  PHP wants to be GPL free.

i do not think it is precicesly a 'legal' reason but more the divergance
in doctrines.  RMS' statement about not accepting people into a
community because they choose not to join is the fundamental issue.
freedoms cannot be given or taken away or chosen, they are rights of
a free individual, all we can do as a society is choose to recognise
them or not.  this is an issue that we should talk about forever
because basically it is far more important than software.