[development] Drupal Core Test Plan

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sat Sep 8 07:20:29 UTC 2007

On Sep 7, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Angela Byron wrote:

> b) Intentionally throwing invalid stuff at the system or using it
> in unexpected ways to make sure it recovers.

At UW-Madison's CS department (my day job) one of the groups has done
a lot of work with "fuzz testing" [1].  They write code to
automatically generate random input to any kinds of programs you wish
to test.  It's a great way to catch bugs in your error handling.

Such tests would be fantastic for all aspects of the Drupal UI (FAPI,
menu/path system, settings pages, etc), and should be relatively easy
to automate.  Any volunteers?

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)

[1] http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~bart/fuzz/fuzz.html