[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Tue Sep 11 18:48:31 UTC 2007

Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>> http://docs.jquery.com/Release:jQuery_1.2
>
> Great, let's throw away all the effort that went into making it possible to have a beta before DrupalCon and delay even more!

Yes, actually. I'd rather delay the beta than release Drupal 6 with a
jquery library whose plugins will not see further development. IN Drupal
  5, it started getting really hard to even FIND the plugins, as most
authors had removed the versions for jquery 1.0 so they wouldn't have to
deal with them. jquery 1.2 is expected to be a long term release. This
is a very worthwhile delay, IMO.