[development] selenium test

Doug Green douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
Wed Sep 12 07:00:28 UTC 2007

Brenda Wallace (Shiny) wrote:
> I've placed them in sandbox/Shiny/selenium
>
> They're created by a QA-er extraordinaire whom i work with - Cristina. We've
> been testing HEAD for a couple days and found very few issues to report.
>
> There is one a strange warning i've given up on finding the cause:
> "warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array
> given in /home/brenda/projects/drupal/HEAD/includes/bootstrap.inc on
> line 669.
>
> We've been seen it randomly, and un-reproducably about 5 times now.
>
> After discussions on #drupal, we're moving to testing the upgrade path now
The way I track these down is using xdebug2.  There's a function called
xdebug_get_function_stack that prints the function stack.

Edit bootstrap.inc and put this code at the top of check_plain (the
function that's really getting the error), it will print the function
stack out when you would get the error:

  if (is_array($text)) {
    print_r(xdebug_get_function_stack());
  }

Of course, it means that you have to get xdebug installed and working,
and this might take a bit of an effort.

--
Doug Green
douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
904-583-3342

Bringing Ideas to Life with Software Artistry and Invention...