[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Sep 12 21:17:58 UTC 2007

Yes, what William said. :-)  A single Drupal module to act as a controller / central repository for jQuery plugins, so that we don't have a dozen Drupal modules with the 20 lines of PHP (or whatever) needed to bootstrap the module just to call drupal_add_js().  Better to have one Drupal module that is 30 lines (plus another 100 of page handling code in a page-split file <g>) and can handle all of them.

The question is whether that loading should be admin-controlled or instigated by modules implementing a hook.  (E.g., a _jquery() hook from which modules return the name of jquery plugins they need, and this central module then loads just those.)  I guess this is something we should be talking to John Resig about, too. :-)

--Larry Garfield