[development] Drupal Core Test Plan

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:35:40 UTC 2007

> I think there's even a third one, TestGen4Web, and possibly more.
>
> While simpletest is great, it is much harder to use. It would be very
> convenient if we could settle for one of the browser based thingies and
> tell people to mail their tests. Everybody can use a browser but not
> everybody can write simpletest tests. So I see these as useful
> complements, not replacements.

I just tried CoScripter, and it's very easy. Here is a sample script
to test Drupal 6 book feature:
http://services.alphaworks.ibm.com/coscripter/browse/script/1369

Notice that what you read on this page *is* the actual test, nothing
else involved. You can run it on your own local Drupal install. The
sentences containing "you" mean that human intervention is required.

There is a problem currently with this test, it fails to select the
right option in the book drop down menu. Still a neat idea imho.

Philippe