[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 14 15:16:25 UTC 2007

Quoting Jeff Eaton <jeff at viapositiva.net>:

> On Sep 14, 2007, at 6:23 AM, Frando wrote:
>
>> I agree of course. What makes me wonder, though, don't we in Drupal 6
>> already include a javascript file in every request which is written by
>> Drupal to the filesystem via the Javascript aggregator/compressor?
>>
>> Isn't that exactly the same as allowing Drupal to save downloaded  jQuery
>> plugins in the file directory (not that I think this is good idea  anyway)?
>
> The difference is that the JS files that make up that aggregated JS
> file were all downloaded manually by an administrator and installed,
> not auto-downloaded from a remote server and installed by a 'smart'
> module.

Ok, I've gone back and reread parts of this thread.  Let's put the
argument against automating the jQuery plugin scripts behind us because
it has been expressed and everyone understands that it is a bad idea.

Now let us discuss: the administrator is given the option in the
jquery_plugin module to upload his jQuery plugin.  The jquery_plugin
module writes the uploaded file to files/jquery/ directory.  The
jquery_plugin module then serves the client visiting the site those
files.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/