[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Sep 15 22:51:58 UTC 2007

If you can get an exploit that allows arbitrary PHP execution, then all you'd need to do is write a new hacked javascript file and then update the database with a new md5sum.  Voila, it won't be detected.

And having Drupal (or your OS, or browser, or anything else) auto-install files without asking you is a bad idea in general.  The user/admin should always have to be notified of and pre-approve any changes to the installed software.  To do otherwise is just begging for the system to auto-download its own crack.

--Larry Garfield