[development] SQL To D6 Schema Conversion Script?

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Wed Apr 2 08:19:28 UTC 2008

Nancy Wichmann wrote:
> Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>>> see schema.module in contrib.
>
>> I installed that when working on the registry patch and was not really able
> to find where can I get the schema
>>  definiton of the not-yet-defined registry table. I might have missed
> something absolutely obvious.
>
> There is an "Inspect" tab that will show you proposed schema for all unknown
> tables.  I just copy and paste - with a bit of reformatting.  Voila!
> Instant hook_schema.

Can you confirm that this works? I tried with 6.x-1.2 with a new "foo"
table I'd created by hand in PHPMyAdmin, and got a notice, a warning,
and an empty schema array apart from the primary key.

http://drupal.org/node/223952

I also noticed an inspectschema module in Frando's sandbox but that has
fatal errors.

Am I missing something obvious?
-Angie