[development] Drupal on OSX, anyone?

Joshua Brauer joshua at brauerranch.com
Wed Apr 2 16:00:56 UTC 2008

Hi Gary,

Yes! It works quite well. The PHP install in 10.5 lacks GD library (no
comment on where Apple's brain is)... but it can either be compiled or
using binaries from MAMP or entropy.ch. And I've run several OS X
servers in production for many years. It worked out well especially in
some small higher ed shops where IT staff didn't want to really learn
UNIX/Linux but the point-click day-to-day stuff on OS X they could
(and did) handle.

Addi even has a handy dandy videocast how-to http://www.lullabot.com/videocast/install_local_web_server_mac_osx

Josh

Joshua Brauer